Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Time to be Thankful


As the year comes to an end, I find myself looking back at all that has happened this year. I know it has been a year full of excitement, fear, and joy. I also find myself thinking about how lucky I really am. I have been blessed with a wonderful, healthy baby. My pregnancy to get him here was a piece of cake. My husband was only out of work for six weeks. I have a beautiful home and a wonderful family. I even have a pretty decent job. Oh, and I almost forgot, my husband is pretty awesome!




I often think of the family that used to live across the street from me. I did not get a chance to meet them before their house was foreclosed on. I cannot imagine having to leave your home right here at the holidays. I think of the many friends of mine who are trying to start their own family and are having a hard time. I want so much for these friends to experience the joys of parenthood (and maybe a little morning sickness to go along with it!). I think about those who have gone through divorce this year and I want them to find happiness. And as crazy as it may sound, I think about all of the animals living on the streets and in shelters that want a loving home. If I could take them all I would.




I think about all of these people, a lot. You are in my thoughts and prayers, not just during the holiday season, but all of the time.




2 comments:

  1. Yeah! We need more pictures of the little man! I love the updates to you blog. You will never know how much I appreciate your prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post... reminds me of all i have to be grateful for as well! Sorry we missed you on Friday. Wyatt has that same green onesie! love you!

    ReplyDelete